Counseling and Assessment Clinic
The TAMU Counseling and Assessment Clinic is currently accepting new clients.
Although staff is not in the office physically, our clinic voicemail will be monitored remotely as frequently as possible. If it is necessary to leave a message, please feel free to do so at: 979-595-1770
If you are having an emergency, please be sure to make use of the following resources:
National Suicide Prevention Line (NSPL)
Crisis Hotline – TAMU Helpline
Please take all necessary precautions to protect your health and prevent the spread of illness, coronavirus or otherwise.
The CDC recommends:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid handshaking or other contact greetings and sharing objects such as pens.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the trash. Do not allow the tissue to touch other surfaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Monitor your symptoms. For COVID-19, these include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. CDC estimates that symptoms appear 2 – 14 days after exposure.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are healthy wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Stay home when you are sick!
The Counseling and Assessment Clinic (CAC) is a psychological service training clinic associated with the Department of Educational Psychology at Texas A&M. All providers at the CAC are trained to provide a variety of psychological services while under the supervision of a Licensed Psychologist. We offer both therapy and assessment services for adults, adolescents, and children in English. Fees are established based on an affordable sliding-scale based on family income and size.
Dependiendo en la disponibilidad de nuestros consejeros, pueda que los servicios se ofrezcan en español. Por favor háblenos para más información; deje un mensaje y le regresaremos la llamada pronto.
Contact the CAC at 979-595-1770 for a free and confidential phone screening and to schedule an intake appointment. At times, interested individuals will be placed on an active waitlist prior to an intake appointment.
The Texas A&M Counseling and Assessment Clinic (CAC) provides psychological services to individuals and families within the Brazos Valley community. We are a training, teaching, and researcher clinic supported by the Department of Educational Psychology at Texas A&M University. All services are provided by graduate student counselors supervised by Licensed Psychologists.
Our mission is to offer affordable and high quality treatment and assessment services to individuals within the Brazos Valley community by using evidence-based approaches and tailoring them to the specific needs and uniqueness of each client treated at the CAC. Our goal is to increase access to high quality, affordable mental health care in the community. We value the differences among people, and respect their multiple identities (race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental and physical abilities, culture, and socioeconomic status). The CAC makes ongoing efforts to provided adequate training to student clinicians in the provision of psychological services to diverse individuals by increasing awareness of different identities and world views.